Retirement and Savings
Saving for retirement and college requires careful planning and sound money management. Most people allow the needs of today to command their attention and they put off saving for the future. There’s no need to feel intimidated by retirement planning terms like “annuity,” “IRA,” “mutual fund” and “529 plans”. The agents at our insurance agency office on Greentree Road here in Pittsburgh are happy to explain the variety of savings solutions that can help you achieve the comfortable retirement you deserve. And if you have a child you’d like to help save for college, we’re happy to discuss savings plans available.
Annuities give you steady income for a set time or for your lifetime.
Here are some benefits annuities provide:
- Build savings. Annuities are long-term investment vehicles that help you accumulate your retirement savings over time.
- Get paid. Annuities may provide a regular source of income that you can rely on.
- Bank on safety. Some annuities guarantee that your money will earn a fixed interest rate.
- Boost income. Other annuities give you income right away and some take risks to earn more money so that your savings have the potential to grow more over time.
An IRA (individual retirement account) helps you build savings for retirement.
Save money and enjoy tax advantages. That’s a winning combination.
- Accumulate savings. IRAs are primarily used to save for retirement, but you may also use funds from a Roth IRA without penalty to pay for other qualified expenses.
- Enjoy tax advantages. Traditional and Roth IRAs each offer different tax benefits, so talk to your tax advisor or contact Obernauer to learn more.
Pick the one that’s right for you.
A mutual fund pools your money together with other investors’ money.
If you want to invest but aren’t sure where to start and you’d rather trust professional money managers, then we’d be happy to discuss if mutual funds are right for you.
Here are some benefits of mutual funds:
- Grow savings. There are many different types of mutual funds you can put your money in to save for college and retirement.
- Rely on the pros. Professional money managers research and choose the investments that go into a mutual fund based on the funds specific investment objectives.
- Choose the right mutual fund. Contact Obernauer Insurance Agency to determine which mutual funds might be best for you based on your savings goals, your time horizon and your ability to handle risk.
Give us a call at 412-489-6443.
Life doesn’t come with any guarantees.
It’s easy to ignore the fact that we’re not always going to be here. But that’s why there is life insurance – to help provide some level of financial security in the event of a loss. With each payment you make, you can feel confident knowing you’re helping your family even when you’re not around. After all, you want them to be able to cover medical bills, funeral costs, mortgage or rent, college tuition, and other living expenses in the event of the unexpected. With life insurance, you know that regardless of what happens, you’ve provided for those who are most important to you.
Life insurance can be very affordable, even when you have a tight budget. Obernauer Insurance Agency makes it easy to find the right solution for you when you share your life and overall financial goals.
529 plans are state-sponsored savings programs that help you save for college.
Here’s how they work in a nutshell.
- Pick a plan. Each state chooses an investment company to manage its plan but you can invest in any state’s plan.
- Save first. You can set up an automatic bank deposit or have money deducted from your paycheck so part of your paycheck goes directly into a 529 college savings plan.
- Enjoy tax advantages. Your money grows tax-free, which means you don’t pay taxes on the money your 529 plan earns.
- Use 529 plan savings for college expenses. You can use your 529 plan savings for qualified expenses like books and tuition at just about any accredited college, university, or technical school in the United States.
Give us a call at 412-489-6443 to discuss savings options to achieve your goals.